Fresh Ricotta and Summer Berries
1 gallon whole milk (not ultra-pasteurized)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
4 tablespoons elderflower vinegar
- Add the milk, salt, and vinegar to a pot and bring up to 180F before removing from heat.
- Allow to settle for a minute, then pour over cheesecloth and strainer, to separate whey from the ricotta. Reserve some of the whey for later.
- Allow to cool and set aside.
1/2 pint cherries, pitted
1/2 pint blackberries
1/2 pint blueberries
1/2 pint raspberries
2 tbsp reserved whey
6 tbsp sugar
- Mix the fresh berries with the vinegar, whey, and sugar, gently stirring to incorporate.
- Cover in a bowl with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours before placing in a refrigerator.
- Strain and reserve the liquid before serving (this is the berry syrup mentioned later!)
Floral whipped cream
3/4 pint heavy cream
1 tbsp confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp elderflower liqueur
1 tsp rose water
- Incorporate the cream and sugar in a bowl and whisk vigorously until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold in the liqueur and rose water and whisk further to incorporate.
edible sweet flowers (such as violas, violets, citrus marigold, etc.)
berry syrup (see above)
- Press any excess liquid from the ricotta and tear into small chunks.
- In a bowl, layer the berries with the ricotta and whipped cream, top with the edible flowers, and serve.
Show us what you made on Instagram @LinderaFarms with the tag #LinderaMade