1/4 cup fresh garlic, chopped
1/4 cup garlic scapes, chopped
1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
2 medium-sized red onions, sliced thin or finely chopped
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup Lindera Farms Strawberry Vinegar
4 large tomatoes
1/4 cup Lindera Farms Applewood Soy Sauce
1 tbsp basil, chopped
1 tbsp thyme, chopped
1 tbsp marjoram, chopped
1/2 tbsp oregano, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Score tomatoes then place in oven and cook until the skin peels back. Remove, and peel the skin while still warm, then set aside.
- Heat a pan and add in the onions, garlic, garlic scapes, salt, and sweat until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, strawberries, strawberry vinegar, and cook on low heat for one hour, or until extremely tender, stirring regularly.
- In a separate pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente or until cooked through; it’s pasta, do whatever you want, you’re an adult.
- To finish, add roughly one 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water then puree with a hand blender, adding the soy sauce, herbs, butter, and olive oil, blending to incorporate.
- Toss the pasta and ragu together and serve with grated Pecorino Romano.
Show us what you made on Instagram @LinderaFarms with the tag #LinderaMade