Heirloom Tomato Salad with Elderflower Vinaigrette
Heirloom tomato salad
3-5 large heirloom tomatoes, assorted colors and varietals
1 lemon cucumber
1 low heat pepper; green peppers or shishito peppers
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1 tsp Lindera Farms Honeysuckle Vinegar
- Slice tomatoes roughly 1/8 inch thick and lay out on a small tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the cucumber and tomatillo. Season and set aside with the tomatoes.
- On mandolin, slice chilis and onions paper thin.
- Toss all ingredients in a small bowl with the vinegar and salt and allow to macerate for 10-15 minutes prior to serving.
1/4 cup Lindera Farms Elderflower Vinegar
1/4 cup Lindera Farms Honeysuckle Vinegar
1 tbsp elderflower liqueur
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup light olive oil or a neutral oil.
- Mix the vinegars, liqueur, mustard, and salt in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Incorporate the oil slowly while continuously whisking. The vinaigrette shouldn’t be thick; but should not look broken or greasy either.
microgreens, sprouts, and shoots from Little Wild Things Farm
salad green mix, ideally summer lettuces and sprouts
- Toss the salad greens and sprouts in a large bowl with salt, pepper, and just enough vinaigrette to coat the greens without overwhelming them.
- Set the tomatoes, cucumbers, and tomatillos on a plate, covering half.
- Garnish with the onions and chilis and drizzle olive oil and elderflower vinaigrette on top.
- To the other side, add the dressed greens.
- Finally, scatter the edible flowers over the dish as garnish. Serve immediately.
Show us what you made on Instagram @LinderaFarms with the tag #LinderaMade