1 cup onion, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
4 cups cabbage, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup vegetable stock
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
white wine vinegar, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, sweat the onion and garlic with salt and prepare over low-medium heat.
- Add the cabbage and continue to sweat for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce the liquid down until dry.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the vegetable stock.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 8 minutes, keeping an eye on the liquid level so it doesn't burn.
- Remove the lid and add sugar.
- Continue to cook the cabbage until completely tender, another 5 minutes or so.
- Add cabbage to a blender with extra-virgin olive oil and puree.
- Add a few drops of white wine vinegar to taste.
- Pass puree through a sieve and set aside.
Pickled Mustard Seed
1 cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup mustard seeds
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer for five minutes.
Warm Cabbage Salad
4 slices of bacon
4 radishes, cooked and cut into quarters
1 medium size turnip, cut into wedges and cooked
2 cups Caraflex cabbage, stems removed and cut into strips
1 ½ tablespoons pickled mustard seeds
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Lemon juice, to taste
- In a large sauté pan, sweat the bacon on medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove and cut into small pieces.
- Add the cabbage and lightly sauté, about three minutes.
- Add the radish, turnips and pickled mustard seeds.
- Remove from heat and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Caraflex Cabbage Salad
1.5 cups Caraflex cabbage, stems removed and cut into very thin strips
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
1 tablespoon Lindera Farms Honey Vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt, to taste
- Add vinegar to a medium sized bowl, slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Add cabbage and onions and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Grill 4 filets of Arctic Char to desired temperature.
- Place cabbage puree and warm cabbage salad with bacon in the middle of a dinner plate and place Artic Char on top.
- Top with Caraflex cabbage salad and garnish with a few sprigs of dill.
Show us what you made on Instagram @LinderaFarms with the tag #LinderaMade